This Tour allows you to discover our great variety of cultural influences. Georgetown was largely designed and built by the Dutch. The British erected our Georgian and Victorian buildings which helps to retain the quaintness of the Garden City.
Our beautiful wooden buildings stand today as a testament to our heritage. We visit the St. George’s Cathedral- one of the tallest wooden buildings in the world.
We also visit the City Hall, St. Andrews Kirk –a church built by Dutch settlers in 1811- and our famous Stabroek Market. We tour the national Museum, Botanical Gardens and Zoological Park; and explore Castellani House - the National Art Gallery of sculptures, paintings and craft. A relaxing trip to the Seawall rounds off an exciting day.
This is a 4 hour tour.
ARRIVE AT OFFICE 9:00AM
PLACES OF INTEREST ;-
• 9:00AM- 9:25AM: DEPART TO SEA WALL
• 9:25AM- 9:40AM: UMANA YANA
• 9:40AM- 10:10AM: RED HOUSE
• 10:10AM- 10:40AM: WALTER ROTH MUSEUM OF ANTHROPOLOGY
• 10:40AM- 11:00AM: ST GEORGE’S CATHEDRAL
• 11:00AM- 11:35AM: NATIONAL MUSEUM
• 11:35`AM- 12:00PM: SUPREME COURT/STABROEK/ PARLIAMENT
• 12:00PM-1:00PM: CASTELLANI HOUSE/ZOO